Description: This highly interactive program engages teachers and administrators in lively dialogue about pivotal transformations occurring in education as students become leaders of their own learning and educators become activators of student learning. Through inspiring case studies and rich learning experiences, educators will examine how to
- Promote students’ initiative, perseverance, and multidisciplinary thinking.
- Build students’ confidence and stamina as learners.
- Engage students in learning about themselves as learners through a variety of assessments accompanied by feedback
- Support student learning through multiple opportunities for success.
- Guide students in goal setting and action planning.
- Inspire students to engage in metacognitive reflection.
This program combines Kamm Solution’s research on formative learning with the research and insights of John Hattie, Angela Lee Duckworth, Carol Dweck, Viviane Robinson, Lori Shepard, Paul Black, Dylan Wiliam, the Wallace Foundation, and other scholars to provide a thought-provoking learning experience for professionals. Educators will leave Grit, Growth, and Formative Learning with powerful and viable professional practices that can be effectively and immediately applied in their schools and districts to significantly improve student learning.