Description: Mindfulness is more than a strategy; it is a way to develop a more balanced life. Scientific research is showing the many benefits of introducing mindfulness into our lives: personal well being, improved health, emotional balance, more stable relationships.
This research-based program provides a foundation for educators on how to build a positive culture of stability, civility, and respect through mindfulness practices. Benefits of this program for students include the following:
- Increased ability to concentrate on and complete academic tasks.
- Powerful practices for effectively focusing and calming inner reactions to the external world to manage anxiety and life’s challenges.
- Improved ability to respond to self and others with civility, respect, and compassion.
During the program, participants will
- Experience mindfulness practices firsthand.
- Build a foundational understanding of both the science and neurology of the effect of mindfulness on the brain.
- Examine mindfulness in the broader context of life and how we perceive things.
- Examine the benefits of mindfulness for classroom climate and enhanced learning.
- Learn how to effectively lead students in activities of mindfulness and focus.
This program can be accompanied by Just Five Minutes, an online resource that fosters civility, respect, and empathy by combining mindfulness practices with structured verbal encounters.
Format: Seminars, workshops, individual and team coaching, and customized learning opportunities designed to support and enhance current district/school programs and structures related to this topic.
Participants: PK-12 teachers and staff, district and school administrators
“Mindfulness is more than a strategy; it is a way to develop a more balanced life.”